The deadline for submissions has expired. The accepted contributions should please be revised according to the feedback of the reviewers and resubmitted via Easychair until 22.09.2023.
The University Association for Information Science is the scientific representation of universities working in the fields of information science research, teaching and practice in German-speaking countries. The central task of the University Association for Information Science is to strengthen information science research and teaching at information science training and research institutions between those organizations.
Therefore, we are very pleased to inform you that the 17th International Symposium on Information Science (ISI 2023) will take place at the University of Applied Sciences Graubünden in Chur (Switzerland) from November 7-9, 2023.
This symposium is entitled “Sustainable Information – Information for Sustainability“.
The UN 2023 Agenda for Sustainable Development (sustainable development goals, SDGs for short), with its 17 goals, addresses the urgency of taking essential collective steps towards a sustainable future. Information science, as an interdisciplinary research field, can play an important role in solving the information and knowledge problems of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Topics such as…
● Information as a prerequisite for development, equity and innovation (SDG 4 & 9).
● Open data, facilitated access to information and knowledge (SDG 1 & 9).
● Libraries, archives, and museums as low-threshold learning spaces and community-building institutions (SDG 4, 11, 17)
● “Green” libraries as blueprints for sustainable institutions (SDG 6, 7, 12, 13)
● ICT infrastructure in developing countries (SDG 1, 4, 8).
● Measuring and tracking SDG goals using data analytics and visualizations (all goals).
… offer many new opportunities for information science, but also many new challenges.
Students are encouraged to submit their work to the student programme (students only). You can submit your bachelor’s or master’s theses, as well as other projects from your studies that you think might be interesting in the field of information science. There will be a student programme in which the submitted papers will be presented. Students who do not submit a paper but are interested in the topics are also welcome to attend the student programme.
For Bachelor and Master students outside of Switzerland participating in ISI2023 (contribution in the conference program/main program or in the student program) 10 travel grants with the lump sum of 300,- EURO will be awarded. The application for a travel grant is made by email to email@example.com. Proof of submission (submission copy) and the student ID must be sent. The application deadline for a travel grant is 30 July 2023.
The submission deadline for all types of submissions (as abstract max. 1000 words) is 11 July 2023.
Please submit abstracts using the button above with the category “Contribution for the Student Session”.
The following file formats are allowed: doc, docx, odt, tex.
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributions on the following topics can be submitted:
● Data/information visualisation
● Data Science/Big Data Analytics
● Digital libraries, curation and preservation
● Digital Humanities
● Health informatics, health information
● Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)
● Information ethics/data protection
● Information policy, information and society
● Information security/integrity
● International information problems
● Cultural Heritage Informatics
● Artificial Intelligence (AI)
● Machine/Deep Learning
● Human information behaviour
● Metadata, resource description
● Personal information management
● Social/Community Informatics, Social Justice and Social Computing
● Social media
● Text mining and natural language processing
● User experience design (including human-computer interaction, interaction design,
● Virtual/Extended Reality
● Scientific communication, bibliometrics, informetrics, scientometrics
● Knowledge organising systems
● Accessibility and human-robot interaction)
The student representation of ISI2023 is looking forward to a lively participation and many exciting contributions on the topic of “Sustainable Information – Information for Sustainability”. The detailed student programme will follow shortly.
Registration fees and registration information are available on the following page (a link to registration will follow soon). All speakers and participants must register for the conference.